Information on the processing of personal data in the application process in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Thank you for your application and interest in a position within our corporate group. We attach great importance to the protection of your personal data. For that reason we inform you below about the processing of your personal data in the course of the application process.
2. Name and contact details of the controller
VentusVentures Holding GmbH
+49 40 2265 923 70
3. Collection and storage of personal data and the type and purpose of the use thereof
Personal data is information on personal or factual circumstances of a natural person. It includes information such as name, address, telephone number and date of birth as well as data on the specific career of the person in question etc. If you submit an application to us by e-mail, your personal data will be collected and stored for the purpose of handling the application process and carrying out pre-contractual measures. In this context we only collect and store the data which is absolutely necessary for the implementation. The legal basis for the processing of the personal data is Article 26 of the German Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – BDSG) and Article 6(1) sentence 1 point b) GDPR.
4. Recipients of the personal data and disclosure of data to third parties
Your application documents will be reviewed by personnel department staff following the receipt of your application, for the above-mentioned purpose. If you are found to be a suitable candidate, your documents will only be passed on within our corporate group to the relevant responsible persons in the relevant department. We will not process or pass your personal data on to any third parties for any purpose other than those specified, unless:
- the disclosure is necessary under Article 6(1) sentence 1 point f) GDPR for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest that merits protection in your data not being passed on,
- a legal obligation exists for the disclosure under Article 6(1) sentence 1 point c) GDPR.
5. Personal data storage period
The duration of the storage of your personal data will be based on the respective statutory retention periods and amount to a maximum of six months from the moment when the application process ends. After the end of that period, your data will be completely erased and destroyed in line with data protection requirements, unless it is necessary for the performance of the contract or the initiation of the contract or you have explicitly agreed in writing to a longer storage period.
6. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- pursuant to Article 15 GDPR to request information on personal data concerning you processed by us. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of the processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and possibly meaningful information on the details thereof;
- pursuant to Article 16 GDPR to request the prompt rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data concerning you stored by us;
- pursuant to Article 17 GDPR to request the erasure of personal data relating to you stored by us if the processing is not necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 GDPR to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful and you oppose its erasure and we no longer need the data but you need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Article 20 GDPR to request personal data relating to you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or request its transmission to another controller;
- pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR to withdraw consent that you have granted us at any time. This means that we will no longer be permitted to continue the data processing based on that consent in the future; and
- pursuant to Article 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You may, as a rule, contact for that purpose the supervisory authority for your place of habitual residence or place of work or the location of our registered office.
7. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of consent or legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1 point f) GDPR, you have the right under Article 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data.
You can exercise your revocation right or your right to object simply by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
28 January 2021 / VENTUSventures Group