What we offer our customers
CIC delivers end-to-end services across the entire renewable energies value chain for the European market and is specialised in:
- Valuation and acquisition of project companies
- Project management and the construction of wind & solar farms
- Cost-optimisation for project companies
- Structuring of financing concepts for wind & solar energy projects
Our Project Acquisition Team continuously monitors the market for new investment opportunities, searching for projects in the onshore wind energy and photovoltaic segments. Besides operational parks, they have a considerable interest in approved construction ventures that are in a late stage of project development. Obtaining planning permission, land rights and grid connection are the minimum requirements.
The projects should be situated in north-western Europe, so Scandinavia, the Baltic states, Germany and Holland. But we pursue an opportunistic strategy and review investments in other countries as well.
CIC engages in bilateral negotiations with sellers, for instance project developers, but is also pleased to take part in bidding processes. We analyze the presented projects and perform our own project assessments to offer the seller an attractive price.
Your contacts Project Acquisition
In general, financing is made available to the project company. CIC structures this financing together with the banks based on the available project cash flow. For this purpose, we have strong connections to all important actors in the banking sector.
In addition, the possibilities of subordinated financing at project level are explored as a means of further optimising the projects returns.
We can extend this value added to clients as well.
Your contacts Financing
Our team takes charge of all planning, approval and technical requirements for the successful implementation of your project, from the project idea to the turnkey handover of the wind or solar farm.
We acquire projects in very different stages of development and guide them through construction and successful commissioning.
Our work therefore begins with planning on greenfield sites and includes, for example, assistance if there are difficulties obtaining permits or consultancy services for landowners.
Among others, the individual steps in project development comprise:
- Obtaining site plots, separation areas, access roads and cable routes for wind turbines from landowners, operators or local authorities
- Permission planning
- Planning of the wind farm layout and the internal farm infrastructure
- Selection of the most profitable system type to suit the location
- Commissioning of necessary surveys and analyses (species protection, turbulence, noise and shadowing, foundation)
- Planning of access roads, cable routes, transformer stations and grid connection points
Your contact Project Development
Engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) is an extremely important area in the planning of wind and solar projects.
Our team is specialised in the creation of efficient processes in project management and contract design. It acts as a general contractor and in cooperation with partners, taking care of acquisition and project structuring, through to the construction and turnkey delivery of renewable energy projects.
We provide everything from a single source to simplify processes and cut costs for our clients.
As a member of the VENTUSventures Group, we also benefit from knowledge transfer between the companies. With the Group’s end-to-end portfolio of services along the value chain of renewable energies and related sectors, we can harness all the available synergies to deliver tailored solutions to the benefit of our clients.
Your contacts EPCM
Modern wind and solar farms are complex technical systems. Regular inspections and maintenance are crucial to ensure a long service life and reliable production of electricity. It is therefore logical that the technical manager will hold a key position after commissioning of a wind or solar farm.
We offer all the services that are necessary for the management of these facilities: professional operations from a single source.
As part of this service, we ensure continuous system control, monitor and record the condition, coordinate necessary maintenance work or repairs and ensure that all necessary requirements of the permits are also fulfilled during operation.
In addition, we look after the monitoring of regulatory provisions by the grid operator and exercise claims to loss of income on your behalf. In cases of damage, we manage claims settlement in dealings with insurance companies and manufacturers.
Your contacts Technical Management
Tasks handled by our Asset Management Team:
- Commercial management of wind energy and photovoltaic systems in Germany and abroad
- Stakeholder management of external project participants such as banks, customers, cooperation partners, manufacturer and service provider
- Continuous identification and evaluation of optimization potentials and their appropriate presentation
- Predictive liquidity management and planning of possible dividends
- Plausibility checks for annual and interim financial statements
- Document management and monitoring of notice periods based on contract controlling
- Management of insurance, guarantee and warranty claims